Sign in to follow this  
Shu

Bakuto 1.0.1 - July Nerdy Stats + API

101.png

Note: Scroll down for TL;DR Version

I'll be honest, we were struggling a little bit regarding this month's July update. Our downloads were broken, had to be tried multiple times and even then we saw some incomplete videos and on top of that our developer almost being KO'ed by Covid-19. Now these issues were rare but they still happened so behind the scenes we were monitoring and fixing the videos uploaded by our subscribers. BUT that changes today.

Today we launch Bakuto 1.0.1 conveniently titled as "fuck Google and CloudFlare", because that's what we plan on doing. We have bypassed google's latest ongoing update that was happening throughout this month and we are proud to say that we have done it before the rest (ahem Edward ūüĎÄ).

However, it does come with a little bit of compromise
To ensure maximum stability we have added extra checks to downloads which means it's gonna be a little ūüźĆ (sorry we can't say the S word it's against our morals and beliefs).
The time it takes to process the videos is still the same, however the download time has increased a little for us so our users will have to wait a few extra minuted before videos are playable in their players. But who am I kidding? it's only a release 1.0.1 and damn right it's gonna get a lot faster from here on out.

Speaking of making things faster and better, we have also released our API this month. it was requested by one of our existing subscribers and we knew we had to make it happen. So head over to https://baku.to/user/doc/ and prepare to flood our servers with all the videos you can ever need. No need to be gentle, we can handle it ( that's what she said).

Now for the nerds,

In the month of July (I know it's not over yet we have 1 more day left), we have reached 193K Unique Users, crossing over 552K Sessions. By tomorrow when July actually ends I'm expecting it to go reach 200K users and 560K sessions (since it's Friday).

l59iZ.png

As for bandwidth, with over 1 Billion requests, we have served over 272TB Bandwidth this month alone and that's not counting the P2P bandwidth which usually covered anywhere between 60-80% of total consumption.

l5kx0.png

Pretty good if I do say so myself considering it's our first month in business after exiting the beta phase.

TL;DR
We bypassed Google's Latest update, launched our API and flexed on our stats

To stay up to date with our latest/upcoming or planned features, visit our Feature Plan
To see all our releases in brief visit Release Notes
If you have suggestions, leave them at our Suggestion Tracker
and if you encounter any bugs, let us know at our Bug Tracker

Let us know below about what do you think of this announcement.
Peace out

Sign in to follow this  

√ó
√ó